April 14, 2017
Accepting applications for Associate Director positions (AD)
The IBS Center for Geometry and Physics (IBS-CGP) invites applications for Associate Director positions (position ID: AD) from mathematicians of exceptional research record and leadership in the areas of geometric topology, dynamical systems, algebraic geometry, or mathematical physics.
IBS-CGP is located on the campus of Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) in Pohang, South Korea and is working to bring the world’s leading scientists in mathematics together with young researchers to collaborate on research projects with passion and commitment. IBS-CGP provides an open and autonomous research environment. The existing members of IBS-CGP are working on symplectic geometry and topology, dynamical systems, mirror symmetry, algebraic geometry, and mathematical aspects of quantum field and string theory.
IBS-CGP offers competitive compensation which will be determined based on experience and qualifications of each candidate. IBS-CGP also offers comprehensive benefits including medical and travel insurance, worker’s compensation, and a retirement fund. More specifics for successful candidates are as follows:
- Internationally competitive salary (negotiable).
- • Dual appointment at POSTECH as a tenured faculty member. (This is subject to review and approval by the Department of Mathematics and the administration of POSTECH. However, POSTECH will respect the recommendations of the IBS-CGP director and the IBS Headquarters as long as the candidate’s qualifications meet the POSTECH requirements.)
- Teaching load of two courses per year at POSTECH (one course per year for three years chosen by the appointee).
- Generous and flexible research grant.
- Can hire 1-2 tenure-track and 3-4 postdoctoral researchers for his/her research group. (Unlike associate directors, researchers will not be given appointments at POSTECH.)
- Free housing of about 105 m2 in size at the POSTECH Faculty Apartment until February 2022.
- For qualified overseas candidates, relocation expenses and some educational allowance for up to 2 children will be provided.
IBS and POSTECH welcomes applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds. Non-Korean citizens are also encourage to apply.
To apply, please complete an application and submit it to email@example.com. To download an application and read more information, please visit the IBS website by using the link at the end of this announcement.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any question or concern.
Related link: http://www.ibs.re.kr/prog/recruit/eng/sub04_01/view.do?pageIndex=1&searchCondition=&searchKeyword=&idx=601